Definitive Logic is a community of experts and seeks to cultivate the highest level of talent with the best education and professional experience available. Our team is highly motivated to deliver the best innovation to our clients and partners. See the list of consulting positions below:
Join the Digital Revolution
- Java Developer (Mid-Level)
- Arlington, VA
Definitive Logic’s is actively seeking a Java Developer to assist in creating custom, database-driven web applications for clients using Internet and Intranet tools and technologies. The Java Developer will design software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manages their implementation. Will manage software development and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, UML diagrams, and other accepted design tools and techniques. Works with project managers, developers, and end users to ensure application designs meet business requirements. Estimates size and schedule for software enhancements. Review existing programs and assists in making refinements, reducing operating time and improving current techniques. They will be responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation. Instructs, directs, and checks the work of other task personnel. They will also be responsible for quality assurance review and the evaluation of existing and new software products.
– BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems or related Technical Discipline
– Ability to obtain government clearance
– Current architectural and development experience in support of an enterprise framework design
– Java Coding Skills
– Experience with developing JEE applications in (JBoss, Oracle AS / Weblogic, IBM Websphere, Resin or other JEE containers)
– Open Source frameworks, including: Spring, Hibernate, Struts
– Development Environment Tools, including: Subversion, Ant, Maven, CruiseControl
– Web Services Tools, including: XML Translation tools, and SOAP
– Solid understanding of databases and SQL (Oracle, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc)
– 2-3 years of relevant experience to include at least 1+ year experience for each item below:
– Managing development associated on very complex databases which contain Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Security Sensitive Information (SII).
– Providing operational support to law enforcement officers including on-site support and training.
– Providing executive, managerial and operational support to law enforcement officers including planning, scheduling, risk mitigation and conflict resolution for all aspects of a multi-faceted national rollout of client-server software to field office and headquarters.
– Providing in-flight transition from legacy systems to new systems without loss of functionality or process, coordination with law enforcement officials for operational confluence and technical accountability for capacity planning.
– Deploying and maintaining systems or services in a WebSphere, Resin, and DataPower environment.
– Providing policy, planning and briefing support for project justifications and status briefings.
– Strong communication skills
– Business process analysis, mapping, and design
– Project management understanding
– IBM RAD
– Oracle RDBMS 10/11 (and subsequent versions)