Definitive Logic is a community of experts and seeks to cultivate the highest level of talent with the best education and professional experience available. Our team is highly motivated to deliver the best innovation to our clients and partners. See the list of consulting positions below:
Join the Digital Revolution
- Business Intelligence/Reports Developer
- Arlington, VA
Definitive Logic seeks a Business Intelligence (BI)/Reports Developer, with at least 3 years of overall work experience, to write SQL and develop reports in support of a new long-term software development project. The selected candidate will be actively involved with designing and developing a reporting and analytics platform that pulls data from a variety of sources. They will work on a small, agile team delivering BI capabilities for a federal government agency seeking to increase their analytical maturity.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone looking to grown their skills on a soon-to-be big data project!
– Design and develop reports/dashboards against transactional and dimensional schemas.
– Write SQL queries to analyze data and to populate reports/dashboards.
– Present analysis and findings (in verbal and written form).
– Document processes and procedures used to develop and deploy reports/dashboards.
– Attend meetings with customers to gain a better understanding of the business to help define KPIs and supporting output (reports/dashboards)
– Assist with requirements definition and create design options/alternatives/recommendations for reports/dashboards.
– Work with DBA/Database Developer and Data Architect to understand and maximize data integration, retrieval, and display (visualizations).
– Provide input on overall system design and implementation to increase usability and quality.
– Support the team with peer reviews, peer testing, documentation, and actively participate in a collaborative team environment.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering is strongly preferred.
– Two (2) or more years of hands-on experience working with databases (any DBMS, but Microsoft SQL Server is a plus) and reporting/dashboard tools (any tool, but SSRS and Tableau is a big plus).
– A solid understanding of databases, tables, fields, constraints, and referential integrity.
– Ability to learn light database development and graduate into a stronger database development role, as needed/desired.
– Ability to estimate report development tasks accurately and meet agreed-upon deadlines.
– Ability to take ownership of tasks and be accountable to the team for progress.
– Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (in written and oral forms).
– Comfort with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Excel, Word, Access) and Google suite (e.g., Docs, Sheets).
– Strong communication skills is an absolute must (both verbal and written). Familiarity of source code control, code promotion, and QA/QC processes.
– Possess a keen sense of technical curiosity to understand how things work and why.
– Familiarity with Scrum methodology for agile software development is a plus.