Definitive Logic is a community of experts and seeks to cultivate the highest level of talent with the best education and professional experience available. Our team is highly motivated to deliver the best innovation to our clients and partners. See the list of consulting positions below:
Join the Digital Revolution
- ETL Developer
- Arlington, Virginia (VA)
Definitive Logic is seeking a junior ETL Developer. The candidate must be able to handle a variety
of tasks to support maintenance and enhancements of both dimensional and
relational schemas. Additionally, the candidate will need to analyze enterprise
applications to determine the feasibility of reporting requirements and
develop ETL processes to populate the data schema.
The candidate must have
strong SQL skills, understand key ETL concepts, and be able to clearly
communicate data model designs and ETL processes to customers, report
developers and other ETL developers.
– Design and Build ETL solutions utilizing Data Analysis, Dimensional Modeling
and ETL Design
– ETL performance
tuning and optimization
– Analyze Enterprise IT systems to determine locations of data elements necessary
for reporting requirements.
– Develop ETL processes using SQL and shell scripting to extract data from
source systems, transform the data into the necessary format and load it into
the data warehouse.
– Develop technical design documents clearly explaining modifications to
existing ETL processes and data models.
– Maintain existing ETL code.
– Strong SQL skills.
– Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) or
– Experience with Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) data
– Understanding of
data modeling practices using third normal form.
– Understanding of the Kimball Star Model approach to data warehousing
– Ability to analyze and understand existing enterprise applications and
– Ability to analyze and understand existing SQL scripts and ETL processes.
– Experience with an
ETL Tool such as Informatica, SSIS, or Alteryx
– B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, engineering, or comparable work experience
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing dynamic environment.
– Ability to prioritize and multi-task across numerous work streams
– Detail oriented with excellent follow through.
– Ability to deal with and resolve ambiguity
– Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action