Definitive Logic is a community of experts and seeks to cultivate the highest level of talent with the best education and professional experience available. Our team is highly motivated to deliver the best innovation to our clients and partners. See the list of consulting positions below:
Join the Digital Revolution
- Web Developer
- Arlington, Virginia
Definitive Logic seeks an experienced, mid-level Web Developer to develop and enhance a newly launched web-based solution with many new capabilities planned. You will be actively involved in designing and developing a reporting and analytics web application based on Microsoft tools/technologies, standard web languages, and several frameworks/libraries. You will work on a small and very productive development team dedicated to building and delivering high-quality software for a federal government agency seeking to advance their analytical capabilities.
– Work with clients and development team to elicit, refine, and clarify requirements.
– Solve complex problems with a unique systems approach.
– Design web-based solutions in support of business requirements.
– Develop/maintain .NET/MVC web application.
– Plan, prioritize, and execute in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
– Work in an agile manner using Scrum.
– Track work using a ticket/issue system (e.g., JIRA).
– Document software development processes and user guides.
– Use version management and issue tracking software to manage and document all changes.
– Deploy code using Visual Studio and automated build tools (e.g., Jenkins).
– Bachelor’s Degree (computer science, engineering, or related technical discipline strongly preferred).
– Ability to obtain a public trust clearance from the federal government.
– Understanding and experience with object-oriented software development.
– Strong knowledge and comprehension of web/software development best practices, frameworks, and libraries.
– Experience with version control software (e.g., Git, SourceTree) and configuration management processes.
– Ability to estimate development tasks accurately and meet agreed-upon deadlines.
– Ability to take ownership of tasks and be accountable to the team for progress.
– Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills.
– Experience creating and using RESTful APIs.
– Experience using Front-End Framework technology such as Bootstrap.
– Experience using NPM and Webpack
– Understanding of ORM technology and database querying methods.