Definitive Logic is a community of experts and seeks to cultivate the highest level of talent with the best education and professional experience available. Our team is highly motivated to deliver the best innovation to our clients and partners. See the list of consulting positions below:
Join the Digital Revolution
- Java Software Engineer
- McLean, VA
Definitive Logic is
seeking a Mid-to- Senior Java/J2EE
Developer to join our team in McLean, VA. The optimal candidate will be
involved in designing, developing and maintaining software utilizing Java/J2EE
for a web based solution.
– Designs, develops, documents, tests and maintains web applications in
JAVA J2EE environments.
– Identifies and works with strategic and technology partnerships to
discover new product solutions. Works with analysts and customers to derive
requirements for use cases/scenarios, determine the feasibility of design
within time and cost constraints, and consults with hardware engineers and
other engineering staff to evaluate the interface between hardware and
– Produces and implements design specifications, documents design
modifications and unit testing results.
– Collects metrics on all associated development tasks. Codes, debugs,
and creates documentation, conducting tests and building applications on a
– Plans, designs and programs functionality to interface and uses SQL
Server or Oracle in coordination with the Database Administrator.
– Facilitates meetings to determine validity and priority of issues found
within products both internally as well as reproduce issues logged through
Technical Support. Investigates,
– Identifies and resolves complex code issues logged internally by QA
team and externally by our Clients through Technical Support.
– Troubleshoots and resolves application issues.
– Stays current with associated technology advances in the marketplace
and grow skills.
– May supervise subordinate software programmers and assists in their
creation of quality software.
– BA/BS in a technical, analysis, or mathematics field
– Secret Clearance Required
– Demonstrates a solid Java/J2EE development skill set
– Senior Level: 5 years+ related
experience including some team lead and/or project management responsibilities;
Mid Level: 2-5 years related experience
– Application development utilizing Windows and Linux/Unix scripting,
Java/J2EE object oriented code, SQL, and related technologies (JMS/WS/Soap
experience is a plus.)
– Data analysis and software debugging and troubleshooting ability
– System development, design, coding, and testing, including automation
of build scripting from code version repositories in an integration testing
– SQL and its use in the database
– Familiarity with relational database tools such as SQL PLUS, PL/SQL
Developer or TOAD software used in Oracle environments. Java stored procedure
development is a plus
– Experience or familiarity with performance tuning and optimizing
Java/J2EE in a scalable UNIX/Linux environment
– Proficient with MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
– Demonstrates very good written and oral presentation skills and
outstanding client-interaction skills
– Thinks creatively and demonstrate the ability to work independently on
a complex task with little direction, supervision, and management oversight. –
– Must be highly motivated, a self-starter, and able to work alone or in
– HTML, XML, and other Internet software development technologies and
related website development technologies
– Apache Tomcat 6.x, JBOSS 5.x, Eclipse IDE, Java Server Pages/Servlets,
Struts, Hibernate, JUnit
– Benchmarking and analysis of performance related information on large
scale databases is a plus