Definitive Logic is a community of experts and seeks to cultivate the highest level of talent with the best education and professional experience available. Our team is highly motivated to deliver the best innovation to our clients and partners. See the list of consulting positions below:
Join the Digital Revolution
- Data Scientist
- Arlington, Virginia
Definitive Logic is seeking a Data Scientist. The candidate must be able to handle a variety
of tasks to develop, refine, and implement analytic solutions using data from a
variety of industries. Additionally, the candidate will need to support the
development of Business Intelligence and User Interface tools that enable
business users to access and gain value from the analytic solutions.
The candidate must have
strong SQL skills as well as experience in R, Python, or SAS and be able to
clearly communicate technical concepts to customers and members of the
– Work with users to understand the business objectives and pain points.
– Analyze and cleanse data
from a variety of sources.
– Develop, test, and refine data models using a variety of techniques in order
to give business users insights into how to reach business goals or resolve
– Collaborate with database developers, business
intelligence developers, and business users to develop impactful data
– Proficient in R, Python, or SAS
– Proficient in SQL.
– Experience in an analytical role extracting and surfacing
value from quantitative data.
– Familiarity with data mining or machine learning methodologies,
such as multiple linear regression, k-means clustering, and random forest.
– Understanding of Cross-Industry Process for Data Mining (CRISP-DM)
or equivalent methodology.
– Ability to analyze and understand existing enterprise applications and
– Ability to analyze and understand existing SQL scripts and BI Solutions.
– Experience developing
models using R or other language in Azure or AWS.
– B.S. or M.S. in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or comparable work
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing dynamic environment.
– Ability to prioritize and multi-task across numerous work streams.
– Detail oriented with excellent follow through.
– Ability to deal with and resolve ambiguity.
– Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action.