Definitive Logic (DL) is proud to announce the award of a Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) to modernize IT for the Wage and Hour Division (WHD), Department of Labor (DOL). DL will compete as 1 of 10 other awardees to provide end-to-end modernization of WHD business processes, financial processes, security posture and its information technology (IT) systems. It is anticipated that more than $110M in technology services will be supported through this BPA over the next 5 years.
DL will have the opportunity to support:
- Modernizing all existing applications and processes in identified mission critical areas such as enforcement, financial operations, wage determinations, certification and public-facing web applications
- Ensuring that data can be used as a strategic business asset to inform decision-making, educate and serve the public, and facilitate coordination with other governmental agencies
- Implementing changes to drive efficiency and effectiveness
- True Agile development to deliver software with confidence
- Ensuring application meets Section 508 compliance
The DOL Wage and Hour Division (WHD) was created nearly 80 years ago with the enactment of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). WHD is responsible for
- Enforcing the minimum wage, overtime, and child labor provisions of the FLSA;
- Enforcing the wages and working conditions under the Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act (MSPA); and
- For the job protections established by the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Enforcement of field sanitation and temporary labor camp standards in agriculture, and certain employment standards and worker protections of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA)
- Conducting a continuing program for obtaining and compiling wage rate information, including conducting surveys requesting the voluntary submission of wage data by contractors, contractors’ associations, labor organizations, public officials, and other interested parties as the basis for developing Davis-Bacon wage determinations.
About Definitive Logic Corp.
Definitive logic delivers the expertise and implementation know-how to help your organization satisfy its cloud transformation mandate with mastery. We are certified on the latest cloud, analytics and data management technologies, and regularly innovate around the latest tools and best practices so our clients don’t have to. Our value goes beyond just technology and beyond just the cloud — it’s a commitment to innovation and mastering complexity to get the most out of technology to deliver business outcomes. Read more