DHS Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is responsible for the security of the nation’s transportation systems while ensuring the freedom of movement for people and commerce. TSA has over 60,000 employees operating from nearly 440 airports and ten other owned facilities located across the nation occupying 4.5 million square feet of owned and leased property. TSA facility operations and management are complex and unique. To help maintain this portfolio, TSA’s Real Estate Management Division employs an IBM-TRIRIGA solution it calls the Real Estate Management System (REMS). Definitive Logic supports REMS to include:
DHS-TSA TRIRIGA Case Study
- Daily operations of TRIRIGA (Application 10.4.2 on Platform 3.5.1) supporting portfolio management, project management, lease management, document management, CAD integration, and reporting functionality. This includes configuration of TRIRIGA Real Estate, Requests, Projects, and Space modules.
- Rebuilding the embedded project request management tool to collect, track, and maintain all customer requests.
- Supporting periodic and evolving OMB, DHS, Congress, and TSA reporting involving financial management, auditing, inventory management, and cost oversight activities.
- Maintenance of Windows 2012R2 and WebSphere Application Server 188.8.131.52 operating platforms.
- Implementation planning for the TRIRIGA Facilities Workplace Operations and Workplace Reservation Manager modules, as well as supporting preliminary planning for cloud migration.
- Development and implementation of Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT) capabilities, and maintaining REMS authority to operate certifications and accreditation.
Noteworthy to REMS management is all efforts are performed with no custom code. This is to standardize management activities and reduce future maintenance costs. To make this happen, Definitive Logic maintains TRIRIGA’s Application Layer configuration to match TSA management strategies and practices. This is achieved using the Data Modeler to manipulate Business Objects to establish logical workflows streamlining decision making.
Definitive Logic activities support 3,000 REMS users performing critical tasks managing TSA’s real estate portfolio. This includes keeping over 700 leases current supporting the dynamic needs of TSA operations. Leasing solutions include both GSA Occupancy Agreements and TSA direct leases. This covers management of TSA’s entire leased real estate portfolio. Please contact us to find out how Definitive Logic can help you modernize, improve, operate, and maintain your TRIRIGA system.
Asset Management Practice Director
Jack Dempsey is a Director at Definitive Logic, a mid-sized technology company, specializing in the implementation of advanced, technology enabled asset management systems and enterprise risk and resource management decision support solutions. Has led numerous asset management system implementations from enterprise scale across Federal agencies to targeted implementations for public utilities. He currently serves as the Convener of ISO TC 251 Asset Management Product Improvement Work Group, and as the Vice Chair of the US National Academy’s Committee for a Strategy to Renew Federal Facilities. Jack is also proudly an IAM Fellow.